I’ve often wondered how top authors appear to check all the right boxes with a book launch, and now you can join our team to discover their secrets.
A Book Launch for a Previously Published Novel
Have you ever looked over your prior work and had one of those would-a-should-a-could-a moments?
Me, too! And that’s what the next few blog posts will be about. I’m going to pull back the covers on what top authors do when they revise and republish a book.
And for those writers who help me relaunch my previously published novel, you’ll get a free copy of the ebook, and I’ll summarize the steps, and share the results.
What Is a Book Launch?
A book launch formalizes the steps before, during, and after the release of either a new or republished novel.
Here’s an example of the chief steps:
- Adopt and adapt a book launch strategy.
- Plan the tasks to publish and distribute the book.
- Schedule and perform tasks before launch.
- Perform tasks on the day of release.
- Schedule and perform tasks after the launch.
This is another of those projects where one size will not fit all writers, but I believe those who join the Book Launch Team can adopt and adapt the methods to enhance their publishing and promotion efforts.
The Book’s Backstory
At age ten, I discovered an anthology of science fiction stories that grabbed and held my attention, encouraging me to read.
Imagine an under-tall sixth grader in the school’s cafetorium standing on his tiptoes to pull that book off the top shelf. Then I’d plunk down in a seat, crack open the pages, and get lost in the stories. Unusual behavior for a kid more interested in tearing apart contraptions than reading.
That one book, Space, Space, Space, changed the trajectory of my life.
My Book’s Purpose
Reading skills shaped my life.
Early in my career, I discovered leadership appreciated employees who solved problems. I focused on those challenges my co-workers avoided. Finding solutions in books progressed my career from a humble beginning to a senior position.
Today, I want to inspire young people to read, empowering them to live their dreams.
Join the Book Launch Team
Team members will receive a free advanced reader copy of the book, including the ebook (EPUB file) and print version (PDF file).
I wrote the novel for children ages 8-12, but the storyline also engages adults. The updated book (approximately 65,000 words) includes a new cover targeting the young audience. The interior contains section, header, and scene-divider images, formatted with the power of the Atticus app.
Writers who take part in this book’s launch will receive:
- Free EPUB and PDF copies of the book.
- A step-by-step summary of the book launch process.
- The steps used to select Title, Keywords, and Categories.
- A spreadsheet used to keep the project on track.
- The opportunity to show support by writing an Amazon review.
- An overview of how I used the Atticus app to format the book.
- The process of choosing a cover format for this genre.
Note: The sign-up for this book launch is closed.
- Busy Writers: Self-publish Your Book and Make Your Writing Dreams Come True
- Should You Update or Republish and Book Launch Your Previously Published Novel?
- Book Launch: New Cover and Sales Blurb
- The Trellis Method: A Unique Writing System
- Increase Your Momentum: Use Draft2Digital to Publish Faster
Leave a Reply
What are your thoughts about using a book launch to reach your target readers?