Don’t let the term “template” intimidate you. A template is nothing more than a pattern for processes that enhance consistency. Writing a full length novel uses many processes.
All software programs have learning curves, and some steeper than others. But studying a complex application can steal your precious time from writing.
Take heart! There are templates that can flatten your learning curve. Downloading and using a formatted template guides and simplifies the process, shortening your study time.
I routinely use these resources for writing novels and maintaining websites. Since this website is reader supported, I appreciate whenever you buy via the authorized links below. But before making a purchase, please determine what will work best for you.
If you have any questions, Contact me and I’ll gladly share.
Disclosure (click here to learn more): Links on this page may include affiliate links. If you purchase through an affiliate link, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
Free Scrivener Templates
- Free Character Template: Replace or augment the standard Character Sketch embedded within Scrivener’s “Novel” project template. Although free, this is one of the thirteen sheets included in the Template Sheets Bundle, and it provides a no-cost peek at value you’ll get in the paid package. Click here to learn more.
Paid Scrivener Templates
- Tame Scrivener’s Binder In 5 Quick Steps: A Project Template that includes an ebook course on how to personalize Scrivener, turning the software’s digital three-ring binder into powerful tool to house writing, notes, and research.
- Template Sheets Bundle: A baker’s dozen “template sheets” designed to make Scrivener easier to use as you create your novel. The bundle includes:
- Character Sketch – Story Character Blueprint
- Character Driven Beat Sheet – Global Story Blueprint
- Scene Sketch – Story Scene Blueprint
- Setting Sketch – World Building Blueprint
- Genre Mystery
- Genre Thriller
- Secrets and Twists
- Crime Motives and Means
- Symbols and Motifs
- Clues and Red Herrings
- Thriller Project Template:
- Mystery Project Template: