Please research what is the right fit for your writing and publishing needs, and investigate before spending any money! And don’t just read my reviews, but read a wide variety of opinions.
I base my reviews on purchased software and books—products with the potential to produce consistent results.
Don’t you hate surprises? Me, too! I remind myself that no book or application is perfect. But any quirks and glitches should be minimal relative to the price paid.
I’ll sum up my benchmark for qualifying books and software with this question:
Can this book or app help you achieve better results?
The active links show completed book and software reviews. Please Contact me with any questions and I’ll gladly share.
- Books (Updated September 2021)
- ProWritingAid (Updated September 2021)
- PublisherRocket (Updated September 2021)
- Scrivener (Updated September 2021)
- MailerLite (Coming Soon)
Over the years I’ve purchased and used a wide variety of apps designed for Windows and macOS. I hate glitchy software!
I want exceptional value relative the purchase price:
- Ease of use
- Timely support
- Compatibility with operating system updates
- Performs as advertised
My Amazon digital library gives me ongoing support for my writing projects. I’m capable of treating books like I eat watermelon—eat the meat and spit out the seeds. Therefore, each book must show sufficient “meat” to may in on my Books for Writers page.
I want answers to the questions swimming around in my head. For example, does the book:
- Solve an important challenge?
- Speak to the reader in understandable terms?
- Provide actionable advice and specific recommendations?
- Give generous examples?
- Serve as a reference for repeated use?